Prev: Re: B5 and Sir Isaac - Reply Next: Re: Converting Sa'Vasku models...

Re: B5 and Sir Isaac

From: db-ft@w... (David Brewer)
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 22:59:46 -0500
Subject: Re: B5 and Sir Isaac

In message <01IGQODT0DHE9GWXUM@avion.stsci.edu> "Out of my mind. Back in
five minutes." writes:
> [...]
TV:

> >> At which point I toss it into the category of Science Fantasy, and
not Science
> >> Fiction.  :-)
> >
> >Mark... are implying that B5 is, instead, the latter rather than
> >the former? That it isn't Science Fantasy?
>
> Sorry, clarification: I was referring to the doubletalk polysylabic
words
> strung together.

Oh, I knew what you were referencing, I was wondering if I was
inferring correctly what you were implying...

> Okay, it's a fine line 'tween the two. I put B5 in the category of
Science
> Fiction. I put a lot of stuff more fantastic like what Star Trek has
become
> (esp the more recent movies) into Science Fantasy.

Star Trek is *more* fantastic?... than a titanic battle between
good and evil?... in which our protagonists are destined to play
major roles, lead great alliances in war, defeat evil, rule
decaying empires, fulfill prophesies, die heroically in garish CGI?

And I asked if *I* was weird. Sheesh.

--
David Brewer

Prev: Re: B5 and Sir Isaac - Reply Next: Re: Converting Sa'Vasku models...