Prev: Vectored Movement template.. Next: Re: Vector movement

RE: Vector movement (cap ships)

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 04:36:49 -0500
Subject: RE: Vector movement (cap ships)

On Tue, 18 Mar 1997, Paul Calvi wrote:

> Heavier ships don't have to spin as nimbly as smaller ships (and
> probably shouldn't). Also, their lower thrust ratings make them less
> maneuverable by default.

I based my comment on the optional Real Thrust rules I found on the net,
and they allow free spinning *regardless* of thrust rating. Since
I've seen another version which limits spinning -- much better IMHO.

> While the blind rear arc does add a bit more maneuver to the game it
>really is a bit silly for a space game.

I like FT partly because it does not allow "retrograde" and other
possibly realistic but IMHO "no-brain" tactics.

> I'd like to see FT shift the balance away from Cap ships a bit more.

Being a battleship man, I can't agree -- but that's personal preference.

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	  | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: Vectored Movement template.. Next: Re: Vector movement