Prev: RE: Space Ship Minis Wish List Next: Re: Space Ship Minis Wish List

Re: Babylon 5 Wars (LONG)

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 13:19:07 -0500
Subject: Re: Babylon 5 Wars (LONG)

On Mon, 17 Mar 1997, Tom Granvold wrote:

> > a) You can turn as much as you like per turn
>
>	It would be easy to put in a rule that limits the amount a
> ship could turn, ie. rotate, in one game turn.
>
> > b) Turning does not affect thrust.
>
>	 This depends on how you see the ship's engines work.

[Chopety chop]

I thought this was a sample of Triplanetary rules...  In any case,
ofcourse you can place additional restrictions, but "free" spinning
makes
the movement a lot easier, since you can always apply maximum thrust in
the optimal direction.

Depending on the game's time scale and other background factors, it may
or may not be realistic.

I must admit that when I think of Newtonian movement, I think of the
horror that is real-time thrust application. You need differential
math to solve anything with that.

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	  | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: RE: Space Ship Minis Wish List Next: Re: Space Ship Minis Wish List