Prev: Full Thrust Cubed Next: Re: Vector movement

Games to plan ahead by.

From: "Phillip E. Pournelle" <pepourne@n...>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 18:28:32 -0500
Subject: Games to plan ahead by.

The best players in Vector based games do plan ahead and are quite
flexible
within the game setting.  The best player I ever saw was quite able to
set
up, adjust courses and speed and dance outside his opponent's effective
ranges and firing arcs and cut them down.  Watching him play was like
watching a murderous ballet...	Barishnakof with a knife...
   He didn't have a college degree (not neccessarily an indication of
intelligence), but was quite able to plan ahead and adjust to his
opponent's
strategies.
   To those collectible card players out there, I apologize.  Actually I
probably did lose in the few collectable card games I have played,
because I
didn't know how to plan ahead in them.	But I will follow Jon's advice
in
regards to players who cannot plan ahead...  and not play with them, the
whining when they lose spoils the game...
  Phil

Prev: Full Thrust Cubed Next: Re: Vector movement