Prev: Parasite Fighters Next: Re: Parasite Fighters

Re: Babylon 5 Wars (LONG)

From: pepourne@n... (Phillip E. Pournelle)
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 11:34:42 -0500
Subject: Re: Babylon 5 Wars (LONG)

In regards to the space movement system that B5 games uses, I have a
very effective system that models Newtonian physical movement quite well
and designed a Babylon 5 Fightter Simulation game from it and had a bit
of a following at SoCal Game conventions.
   When I offered to show it to the folks at AoG they refused.	I can't
blame them given the legal issues that could arise.  But I'm saddend
that they did not build an effective Newtonian movement system, given
that it is one of the major apeals of the show.
   My Newtonian system can be employed in a Phased system where
maneuvers can be conducted during the turn (mostly for fighter to
fighter combat) or at a macro-scale similar to real thrust.  Newtonian
physics is not that difficult as long as you remember what those laws
actually say.
  Phil P.

Prev: Parasite Fighters Next: Re: Parasite Fighters