Prev: Re: Off topic, was Re: Star Fleet Battles Next: Re: Babylon 5 Wars (LONG)

Re: Mars Attacks(off topic)

From: k.g.mclean@c... (Kevin Mc Lean.)
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 18:04:19 -0500
Subject: Re: Mars Attacks(off topic)

>Hi everybody.
>
>I saw Mars Attacks last week(great film) and can't figure out why the
>Martians hate birds so much.  Anyone out there know?

I think it could be one of the following reasons:

(a) they have an ancient racial memory of an avian race conquering their
race. That is why they pumped most of the air off their planet, and live
underground.

(b) pigeon doo doo corrodes the 'plexiglass' domes on their space suits.

(c) 7 out of 10 scace craft crashes are caused by collisions with birds.

(d) human applause is the linguistic martian equivalent of 'pull'.

(e) all of the above.

Seriously though, great film. I can't think of any reason other than
black
comedy as to why the  Martian shot the bird.

At the moment I'm building a Mars Attacks fleet using buttons with dome
shaped doll's eyes glued to them and smoothed with modelling compound
for
the ships. For smaller fighter types I'm using round half pins glued to
doll's eyes.

Regards,

Kevin.

Kevin Mc Lean.
STEPS Co-ordinator/CLC Tutor.
Central Queensland University.
Mackay Campus.
Ph  (079) 407416.
Fax (079) 407407.

Prev: Re: Off topic, was Re: Star Fleet Battles Next: Re: Babylon 5 Wars (LONG)