Prev: Help Next: Re: Space Marines?

Hello and some FT & DS2 questions

From: "Edmund Hon" <edmundh@i...>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 23:04:42 -0500
Subject: Hello and some FT & DS2 questions

I just bought both FT and DS2 a couple of weeks ago. After going
through the rules and only one game of FT, I've been wondering how
could I have missed two such fine sets of rules. Anyway, one thing
leads to another and here I am another subscriber to this mailing
lists.

Here's some questions I have for both games:

FT:
i) If I design a ship using special hulls instead of the standard
ones in p.14, what is the minimum mass of a ship that can carry a
fighter group (my guess is 60 as this is the mass of a standard
battledreadnought)?

ii) Do sub-munition packs require a fire control?

iii) Anyone scratch build their own ships?

iv) Just curious: what would be the stats like for the Sunaco (sp?)
featured in _Aliens 2_?

v) Anyone have stats for ships in the Robotech anime series?

DS2:
i) If I design a vehicle with transport capacity, do I have to
designate exactly what it will be carrying? e.g., a vehicle with 8
pts of capacity left, do I have to specify that it will be carrying
two infantry elements (and nothing else), or can I also use it to
carry a power infantry instead (or a couple of arty ammo load or even
a V.SMALL vehicle)?

ii) What is the advantage of designing an Open Top vehicle?

iii) Can I design a towed direct fire gun piece (i.e. towed AT guns),
since the rulebook already has rules for towed arty piece.

iv) Can LAD be used for missle defence? (The rulebook didn't say so
but why not?)

v) When resolving multi-barreled DF weapons fire against infantry, do
I total all the chits or do I resolve them separately, one barrel at a
time? i.e. a triple barrel DFFG/1 fire at infantry, do I draw all
nine chits and total them or do I three separate attack at three
chits each?

vi) What is the capacity requirement and point cost of Backup
Systems?

Whew! That's quite a lot for a first post!

---
   /// __	/ edmundh@ipoline.com	 http://www.ipoline.com/~edmundh
  /// /_ dmund / "Little did I know what flying at 4 Gs would do to a
 /// /_/_/    / sandwich 1,000 feet in the air." - Toronto Star reporter
///   / /on  / Kathleen Goldhar on flying with the Snowbirds

Prev: Help Next: Re: Space Marines?