Prev: Re: Descriptive design system idea Next: Help

Re: space marine/opera

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 18:35:10 -0500
Subject: Re: space marine/opera

At 08:00 AM 3/14/97 GMT, you wrote:

>yes , I think you are right and IIRC they were released at about the
same
>time(ish) .

There were some differences between the two. I noted that the hit
location
chart appears to be different in Aftermath. The combat flowchart always
scared me...

>I only played aftermath a few times but I remember the intro pre
>amble had me storing  tins under the bed for weeks!!

And not without good reason! There's a very good article in the latest
Military History Quarterly about the war scare in the early 1980s, which
first heard about on a CBC radio programme four years ago. Ronald Reagan
and
Soviet paranoia almost turned us all into crispy critters. We were THIS
close to a nuclear war...

Anyway, this has got me thinking about a post apocalypse SG2 game (he
says,
deftly dragging the post back on topic). I'm currently checking out what
equipment was available to both NATO and Warsaw Pact forces back in the
early eighties.

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: Descriptive design system idea Next: Help