Prev: Re: Descriptive design system idea Next: Re: Parasite Racks, External Mounts and Reactive Armour (Was Re: SPOILER ALERT/PARASITE FIGHTER RACKS)

Re: Simultaneous moves/fire

From: Eric Fialkowski <ericski@m...>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 21:24:14 -0500
Subject: Re: Simultaneous moves/fire

At 04:18 PM 3/10/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Does anyone else out there treat firing as a simultaneous action (using
>written fire declarations, or heaven forfend, the honor system) or do

Since I normally play smaller games, we declare fire first then treat
all
fire as simultaneous.  SOme of games are getting too big for this so we
are
thinking about using the rules in the book.

>you largely use the rules as I interpret them, each ship firing in
>turn..... I've found that the game flow seems "right-er" with
>simultaneous firing, as long as you don't have too many instances of
>Ka-blam goes the Destroyer, but "Oh, I was going to shoot at your
escort
>over there, no really, I was". So far the group I play with are very
>sportsman-like.

I'm lucky couse the people I play with I actually trust.  We've known
each
other long enough that the honor system works for us.

>Opinions ?
>
>Gene
>

>Gene George
>Client Services