Prev: Re: The Babylon Project Next: Re: Threshold Damage Cards

ship bases

From: Andy Skinner <andy.skinner@t...>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 11:44:00 -0500
Subject: ship bases

We had email problems, and I got removed from the list.
Ha!  You couldn't keep me away, I'm back!

Anyway, I was wondering what people do with bases for ships.
Do you glue your ships to them?  How often do you have a base
for a ship that fits snugly enough to put it on and take it
off easily?  I'd like to replace the micro-machines bases with
something hex-sided (or see below), or at least with a vertical
pole to sit on.  I also have a bunch of Renegade Legion tanks
that have become ships.  But the various things I have for bases
don't necessarily fit into the holes on the bottom of ships
very well.

Although I'll be picking up some hex-bases, I may also use the
following base.  I got a piece of plastic marked with a grid.
The grid could be easily snapped to make smooth edges.	A 4x4
square is very close to the (old-style) GW Epic infantry stand,
so I've been gluing bikes and such to them.  But a 4x4 square
also gives me:

  +---*---*---*---+  The * show 12 locations in the appropriate 12
  |   |   |   |   |  directions for Full Thrust.  If I put a dot at
  *---+---+---+---*  those locations, I could use this square base
  |   |   |   |   |  to help label those positions.  Plus, I can use
  *---+---X---+---*  the corners to show fire arcs.
  *---+---+---+---*  I could take off the corner squares and still see
  |   |   |   |   |  the 45 degree positions.  Or I could cut them off
  +---*---*---*---+  diagonally to round it off a bit.

andy
andy.skinner@tseng.com

Prev: Re: The Babylon Project Next: Re: Threshold Damage Cards