Prev: I'll get to it Next: Re: Threshold Damage Cards

Re: Threshold Damage Cards

From: db-ft@w... (David Brewer)
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 1997 12:30:02 -0500
Subject: Re: Threshold Damage Cards

In message <199703071806.NAA06932@cliff.cris.com> Mike Miserendino
writes:
> Ludo Toen wrote:
> >Years ago I participated in a few Star Trek games where damage cards
> >were used. For every hit you drew a card. The cards had the ship
systems
> >on it and the hull boxes as well. For every system and hull box there
> >were two cards in the pack (packs differed for every class) and there
> >were a few funny cards included (ship's pet killed, captain's
bathroom
> >out,...)
>
> I plan to damage cards for my Dark Star scenario for similar reasons.
This
> helps speed up the game for threshold rolls and allows the designer to
add
> some otherwise meaningless items like "Ship's mascot killed.", etc.
This
> can help adding the humor flavor to a game.

In the James-Clay-ran Star Trek: Full Thrust game that I played in
the humour element was covered by "Final Frontier Cards" that you
might occaisionally draw. First turn, first game I played I became
infested with tribbles. I was dead-in-the-water for seven turns
trying to rid my vessel of them.

--
David Brewer

Prev: I'll get to it Next: Re: Threshold Damage Cards