Prev: Re: B5/FT: Combining Armor and Interceptors? Next: Re: B5/FT: Combining Armor and Interceptors?

Re: B5/FT: Combining Armor and Interceptors?

From: Marshall Grover <mgrover@m...>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 16:14:07 -0500
Subject: Re: B5/FT: Combining Armor and Interceptors?

>I'm inclined to agree with this method of using armor, especially for
B5,
>as it not only makes game play easier and faster, but it also reflects
>damage to armor as the game progresses.  I am currently using a base
30%
>hull for B5 ships (Marks suggestion I think) and increasing this to 35
or
>40% depending on the level of armor.  The 'extra' goes on the first row
>however - reflecting critical systems being better armored and so
reducing
>the likleyhood of threshold hits.  WARNING - this can lead to EXTREEMLY
>short games if someone is lucky with a HBW or similar heavy weapon
shot,
>as they have a tendancy to vaporise anything short of a cruiser....,
but
>then that's the bit I like...

I generally use a 50% base and add an extra row of row 1 boxes per armor
level, it doesn't mass anything, but it costs 1/2 the hull cost per
level.
armor only lasts a couple of turns anyways, esp. against the shadows!

 Marshall Grover

"A Jedi's greatest enemy is himself." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Prev: Re: B5/FT: Combining Armor and Interceptors? Next: Re: B5/FT: Combining Armor and Interceptors?