Prev: Fighter speeds [Was: The Liberator and fighter speed] Next: Re: The Babylon Project

Re: B5/FT: Combining Armor and Interceptors?

From: "<Mark Andrew Siefert>" <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 12:34:55 -0500
Subject: Re: B5/FT: Combining Armor and Interceptors?

On Thu, 6 Mar 1997, M Hodgson wrote:

> I'm inclined to agree with this method of using armor, especially for
B5,
> as it not only makes game play easier and faster, but it also reflects
> damage to armor as the game progresses.  I am currently using a base
30%
> hull for B5 ships (Marks suggestion I think) and increasing this to 35
or
> 40% depending on the level of armor.	The 'extra' goes on the first
row
> however - reflecting critical systems being better armored and so
reducing
> the likleyhood of threshold hits.  WARNING - this can lead to
EXTREEMLY
> short games if someone is lucky with a HBW or similar heavy weapon
shot,
> as they have a tendancy to vaporise anything short of a cruiser....,
but
> then that's the bit I like...

	This sounds like a good idea.  Here are a couple of others.
	How about using the armor rating an overall damage reducer?  If
ship with armor 2 is hit with 4 points of damage, the damage is reduced
to just two.
	Another idea is changing my interception rules.  Instead of my
orginal idea, how about using each p cannon as a single screen
(regardless of the A, B, or C rating) that will protect from incoming
p-cannon attacks?

Later,
Mark A. Siefert

E-MAIL: cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu		WWW: http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu
=

Prev: Fighter speeds [Was: The Liberator and fighter speed] Next: Re: The Babylon Project