Prev: Re: Scenario Name Next: Re: B5/FT: Combining Armor and Interceptors?

Threshold Damage Cards

From: timj@u...
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 10:13:44 -0500
Subject: Threshold Damage Cards

Alun Wrote:-

--but the extra complications of counting the number of systems
destroyed, and
--of working through them in size order sound like they'd slow play down
too
--much.

In the Society Fantasy Science Fiction Wargamers demo FT game they did
away with
threshold rolls as it slowed the game too much and had a deck of
threshold
cards. You took one card for the first threshold and more subsequent
thresholds.

The cards contained system failures and events such as draw more cards
which
could simulate a cacscade failure. They were produced by James Clay. You
could
buy them from him through the SFSFW. Can anyone remember clearer
details?

It might be interesting to devise a set of core FT public domain
threshold cards
(the intent is to *not* purloin the James Clay card content just the
general
concept :-) as an optional damage allocation system. I'd be interested
in the
content of a deck to get the right statistical spread in relation to
dice
rolling alternative (probability isn't my thing) and any ideas about
what people
would put on such cards. Once the content is sorted out they could be
easily run
off in a DTP or word processor.

The cards could then apply to any damage track allocation system ;-/

Sincerely
Tim Jones

Prev: Re: Scenario Name Next: Re: B5/FT: Combining Armor and Interceptors?