Prev: Re: Hypothetical Liberator Stats Next: Re: [FT] A quick survey question

Re: Building Babylon 5.

From: M Hodgson <mkh100@y...>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 07:44:06 -0500
Subject: Re: Building Babylon 5.

> >I'd look at something like 10 PDAF/interceptors, 4 B Batts, 10 C
Batts.
> >Depends on how much hull you give the other ships really ? as it's
all a
> >matter of scale really.  I think 2 turns of fire from the station at
<12"
> >should comfortably shread anything up to heavy BC, so scale based on
that.
> >Anyone who doesn't agree should watch the end of s2 again....
>
> Be careful how much firepower you attribute to B5. She's only supposed
> have enough to 'take on a war cruiser'. And no more (this does not
count
> fighters). Watch 'GROPOS' again. They give a rough listing of what all
new
> weapons systems B5 was being out-fitted with. Along this line I'd only
arm
> her up to a battlecruiser for weapons (offensive, anyhow).
>
> Her one fighter wing assisted a great deal in the shredding of the
> Centauri cruiser in the ep you cite.

	I beg to differ - I think the damage inflicted by the fighters
was
fairly minor. It was never the intent to destroy the Centauri vessel,
and
had the fighters been succesfull in inflicting much damage the order to
"launch everything we've got" would not have been needed.  However
following B5 opening up in 10secs or so we have a massivly damaged
Centauri BB.  Agreed this may well have happened if it had been a Omega
or
the like doing the firing aswell.  The weapons given above are largely
short range and/or anti fighter and so with a bit of care should not
come
into general play.  If you are a raider however you are in a bit of
trouble...
	I feel I should point out that my war cruisers are aslo armed to
the teeth and would shread a ship in much the same lenght of time.
Ships
in B5 are FRAGILE and boast massive offensive weaponary.  Hence my
comment
origionally that it depends on your other ships as to how hard you make
the station.

-Michael

Prev: Re: Hypothetical Liberator Stats Next: Re: [FT] A quick survey question