Prev: FT PBeM: The Deneb Clash Next: Re: The Liberator and fighter speed.

Re: Online miniature ordering

From: "W. Nitsche" <bnitsche@u...>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 12:56:08 -0500
Subject: Re: Online miniature ordering

On Fri, 28 Feb 1997, Ludo Toen wrote:

> Been checking out some URLs I found left and right and one of the led
me
> to http://riders.com/
>
> buy some lead;). But before I send in a $49.99 order, I'd like to know
> if anybody has had any dealings with these guys, and if so what is
your
> experience.

My biggest problem with Riders is that they don't update their catalog
often (or on some lists, never).  Some contain items that are OOP, some
have out-of-date prices, most don't have new items produced in the last
6+
months.  Of course, it's been over a month since I've been to the site
and
maybe they've rectified it, but it has kept me from ordering from them
for
months now.  I have bought from them before and had good success,
though.
They also have just about the most complete and extensive catalog on the
net (few, if any, construction zones), but they really need to keep up
with it.

A temporally displaced		Bill Nitsche (bnitsche@u.washington.edu)
	hobbit			Oceanography, University of Washington

Prev: FT PBeM: The Deneb Clash Next: Re: The Liberator and fighter speed.