Prev: Re: Online miniature ordering Next: For JON (Stargrunt II)

Re: New Rules

From: ngilsena@i...
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 16:05:38 -0500
Subject: Re: New Rules

> Date: 	 Sat, 22 Feb 1997 22:33:32 -0500 (EST)
> From: 	 AEsir@aol.com
> Reply-to:	 FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
> To:		 FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
> Subject:	 New Rules

> While you are on the subject for the new game system FTIII, please
address
> the Kra'Vak and Sa'Vasku.  The Ks are too tough and way too
maneuverable
> (adding more problems to rule 3).  The Ss are too wierd and un point
> balancable.  They are either paper tigers or rule the board,
completely
> determined by luck...
>   Phil

In terms of the rules of the game I would have to agree with both these
points.  However there is one consideration that is rarely taken into
account with regard to Alien races.  This is that Alien ships should
be ALIEN.  The fact that Sa'vasku ships are powerhouses one moment and
damp squibs the next creates a fundamental difference between the way
Human ships are commanded and Sa'Vasku.  Considering that Full thrust
is a tactical game, not a Campaign game it not so easy to balance
the races in one off games (especially with the Kra'vak).  In terms
of athmosphere though I do like the danger of the Kra'vak and the
variable nature of the Sa'vasku.  It gives the game a certain depth I
find lacking in other Starship combat games.
Niall Gilsenan
DIT,Cathal Brugha St
Dublin, Ireland.

Prev: Re: Online miniature ordering Next: For JON (Stargrunt II)