Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] new ideas! Next: Online miniature ordering

[FT] A quick survey question

From: db-ft@w... (David Brewer)
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 14:58:33 -0500
Subject: [FT] A quick survey question

Here's a quick poser to help me consider the relative value of
ship components.

Suppose that in my novel ship design system the following three
options can be fitted to a cruiser (6-6-6 damage boxes, 1 screen,
2 firecons, 3 PDAF, FTL, Thrust 4) with no difference in points
cost.

- Option one is to have 6 one-arc A-batteries.
- Option two is to have 4 two-arc A-batteries.
- Option three is to have 3 three-arc A-batteries.

(Which arcs are covered is your choice.)

Which would you consider better value?

I'd appreciate it greatly if you spent a moment to send me your
answer (1, 2 or 3) at: david@westmore.demon.co.uk.

Any and all commentry that you have on your answer is very welcome
too. How would your answer be affected by allowing fire through
rear arcs? Suppose that you had only one firecon? How many three-
arc B-batteries would you trade for the above armament?

--
David Brewer

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] new ideas! Next: Online miniature ordering