Prev: Re: FT: Damage Track Sliding Scale Suggestion Next: Star Trek: Federation

RE: C batteries / PDAF

From: "Graham L. Tasker. M.B.C.S." <celticcross@c...>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 15:20:31 -0500
Subject: RE: C batteries / PDAF

At 09:12 27/02/97 EST, you wrote:

>Dave quoting Scott quoting me:

>been

>just

>in
>>>
>>> Well...*I* wouldn't do it, I think both fighers and missiles are
>deadly
>>> enough without downgrading your defenses. But that's me. Give it a

>shot. If
>>> you don't like it, you can always switch back. I'd think twice,
>though,
>>> before bringing a *DAF-less fleet to a tournament or anything.  :-)
>>
>>The way I read what Andy is writing, is that he would drop PDAFs from
>>the game, and allow C-batteries to act *exactly* as a PDAF. None of
>>that "only on a 6" rubbish, but your actual full-blown
4's-5's-2-kills-
>>for-a-6 PDAF gubbins.
>Yes, that's what I meant, plus that you couldn't use
>the C for both in one turn.
>
>>I might even suggest taking it further. Much like your (Scott's)
>>"needle firecons" (directing standard batteries like needle beams),
one
>>could have an "area defence firecon" that could direct one's C-
>>batteries against fighter groups exactly like ADAF's.
>I like that.  I wasn't quite sure what to do with ADAFs,
>and I think that fits in with what I was saying.
>
>andy
>andy.skinner@tseng.com

====
===========

	There is no need to kill off PDAF's or ADAF's  !!!

First	: A PDAT can kill more fighter per attack than a 'C' beam.

Second	: A PDAT or ADAF does NOT require a working Fire control to fire
against 	  fighters. ( Thay are to import for this job as thay
are
needed to direct the	       attack against oher ships. )

Thirdly : A ADAF can attack any fighter group attacking any ship within
6
inches of the
	  ship fitted with the system. Any one who has played againts me
would have	     come up againsy my escorts fitted with ADAF's and
little else, correctly		 placed thay can provide fighter cover
for 3
or 4 capital or cruiser units, so
	  that a group of fighter may well find them selves under the
combined fire of
	  12 plus ADAF's, the normal result being that on average 8
fighter
are killed	     a turn. Note this is BEFORE using the target ships
own
PDAT's. The result	     under the fighter moral rules is that thay
DO
NOT attack. There fore ADAF are 	  vital cover against fighters.
Please no not remove!!

	  Graham Tasker.

====

Prev: Re: FT: Damage Track Sliding Scale Suggestion Next: Star Trek: Federation