Prev: Re: FTIII/classes redefined Next: Re: [SG2] 15mm Figs, Anyone? A company wants to supply...

Re: [SG2] 15mm Figs, Anyone? A company wants to supply...

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 16:16:10 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG2] 15mm Figs, Anyone? A company wants to supply...

At 10:50 AM 2/13/97 -0600, John Kovalic wrote:
>>>The official Traveller ranges were a magnificent series by GW and (I
>>>think) Ral Partha. They had everything from very neat Starship
Troopers
>>>powered armour down to 'low-tech', nearly twentieth century troops
for
>>>backwards planets. Good stuff if you can find them.
>>
>>Originally the range was Martian Metals. It was licenced in Britain to
>>Citadel (before they were part of the GW conglomerate). RAFM (not Ral
>>Partha) had a licence to do Citadel figures. I have some old Citadel
>>Traveller, Orcs, and Dwarf cannons molded by RAFM.
>
>Are you sure about this? The Martian Metal minis were MUCH worse than
the
>GW /Citadel ones. It seemed to me (at the time, and now, looking at
them
>again) that they MUST have been two different lines.

I had an old game article that mentioned this, but I've since heard from
others that the Citadel molds were different from the Martian Metals
molds.
I'm no longer sure, anymore. It could very well be that the Citadel
stuff
was licensed in the UK and then produced in North America through RAFM
and
their Citadel deal.

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: FTIII/classes redefined Next: Re: [SG2] 15mm Figs, Anyone? A company wants to supply...