Prev: RE: Starguard/ Stargrunt Redux. Next: Re: Artificial Intelligence Discussion

Re: FTIII/classes redefined

From: Samuel Penn <sam@b...>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 14:55:47 -0500
Subject: Re: FTIII/classes redefined

In message
<Pine.BSI.3.95.970220175616.19803C-100000@buffnet7.buffnet.net> you
wrote:

>   In any case, I don't like the idea that a smaller ship can be badly
> damaged enough to function fully one turn, and then explode the next
turn,
> with a mere 2 or 3 points of damage.

I like the idea of every ship having an extra row of damage
boxes, equal in size to the last row. Once damage goes into
this last row of boxes, the ship is crippled - all systems
automatically fail threshold checks, and the ship is dead
in space. If damage goes off the end of this row, then the
ship is destroyed.

Makes it easier to capture and board ships, without being
forced to blow it to bits just because you don't have any
needle beams...

--
Be seeing you,					     ARM not Intel.
Sam.					       Acorn not Microsoft.

Prev: RE: Starguard/ Stargrunt Redux. Next: Re: Artificial Intelligence Discussion