Prev: Re: PewterCraft - who are they? Next: Re: No Subject

Ship styles (was Galoob SD....)

From: BJCantwell@a...
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 00:51:02 -0500
Subject: Ship styles (was Galoob SD....)

> The scouts would be a good idea for escorts.	Dean and I have recently
>  discussed using Dominion ships from PewterCraft and Terran ships from
>  Superior together since they have like styles.  I think both would
interest
>  you since they share the wedge shape and look of a SD.  I plan to use
these
>  same ships with the FSE since they look alike as well.  I'll probably
use
>  the Superior stuff for larger ships like Superships since they dwarf
most
of
>  the existing FT line.

I plan on using some of the wedge shaped FSE line in this fleet as well.
just put together fleets of ships that have a similar look, regardless
of
background, and use them as generic ships.  We tend to play one shot
games in
no specific universe, so it works out fine....

It might be an interesting thread to discuss various "looks" for fleets
and
what ships are available to fit each style.

Many of the ships in the Starfleet 2300 line for SFB will go well with
the
Star Trek Micromachines.

The old SpaceFleet tyranid minis from GW make good bioships.  A bioship
fleet
can be pretty varied and look cohesive because they are all bioships.

The old Silent Death fighters looked good with a variety of ships,
especially
the gunboats.  The new SD models are all to curvey, and don't fit in
with as
many of my other models.  A lot of the newer ones would probably look
good
with say Feregi cruisers or possible Minibari ships or any others with a
lot
of curving features...

I've not been able to see many of the Superior ships.  I've seen some of
the
monster Super Galacto-Dreadnoughts, which would do well as Star
Destroyer
Supership types.

Any thoughts on what different models from different companies might
coordinate well.

Later

Brian

Prev: Re: PewterCraft - who are they? Next: Re: No Subject