Prev: Re: Fighter launch question Next: Re: FTIII/classes redefined

Re: FTIII/classes redefined

From: AEsir@a...
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 20:27:52 -0500
Subject: Re: FTIII/classes redefined

Hello,
     I think that the Class Thrust rating rules have a serious problem,
especially because all of us yankees love to maximize our ships.
History
shows We and the Germans had better success with our Battleship designs
because of this reason.  So what seems to happen here is that all ships
are
either Mass 18, Mass 36....
   Being an applied Math Masters candidate, the curve for all this looks
way
to ugly to me.	I know that what I'm about to propose violates my
earlier
rule about making things simple, but this is an aspect of the game that
is a
major weakness.
  Here goes:
Mass	       Class		Cost			   Thrust
Factors
0 to 6		 Boat		   1 X Ship's Mass per Five Thrust
7 to 12 	 Corvette	 1 X Ship's Mass per Four Thrust
13 to 24	Frigate 	 1 X Ship's Mass per Three Thrust
25 to 36	Destroyer      1 X Ship's Mass per Two Thrust
37 to 66	Cruiser 	 2 X Ship's Mass per Three Thrust
67 to 96       Heavy Cruiser 1 X Ship's Mass per One Thrust
97 to 116     Battle Ship      4 X Ships Mass per Three Thrust
117 to 134   Battle Dread    2 X Ship's Mass per One Thrust
135 to 156   Super Dread    4 X Ship's Mass per One Thrust
157 to 180   Star Ship	       8 X Ship's Mass per One Thrust
180 to 200   Battle Station  16 X Ship's Mass per One Thrust

  Phil P.

Prev: Re: Fighter launch question Next: Re: FTIII/classes redefined