Prev: Re: Another Superior question Next: Robot Ship Rules for solo play - response

Re: Robot Ship Rules for solo play

From: I want to be on 'Cops' <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 08:01:54 -0500
Subject: Re: Robot Ship Rules for solo play

>I've seen decision trees similar to this used for computer wargames
(there
>was a mac aircraft one, can't remember what it was called..) and while
on
>paper they look OK they tend to produce unsatisfying opponents - they
tend
>to 'spiral in' on you and you can beat them too easily. You can build a
>certian amount of tactical awareness into the robot with a few simple
rule
>additions - i.e. 'don't make any move which would leave you staring at
your
>opponents nova cannon barrel with a plaintive grin'.

You could make closing limits for the Robot (do not come closer than
10",
or something like that), or have the Robot periodically veer off, or
attempt
to go for your aft or a particular side only and maintain that itself in
that arc.

Alternatively make the Robot a Kra'Vak...  ;-)

Mk
-
JMS: "You have a problem."

Con Organizer: "The room's big enough."

JMS: <shakes head> "No, you don't understand. My People are coming..."

Prev: Re: Another Superior question Next: Robot Ship Rules for solo play - response