Prev: Re: FTIII/classes redefined Next: Re: Star Trek Ships

Re: More FT Ideas.....

From: Brian Bell <PDGA6560@c...>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 00:49:09 -0500
Subject: Re: More FT Ideas.....

>Fighters that go ZING....
>I tried the following system for fighter movement the other day in my
ongoing
>effort to make fighters feel more like little nimble ships.  I want
fighters
>to be able to move as fast as ships and to have to worry at least
somewhat
>about their speed, but not to have to fiddle to much when moving.
<snip>
>  The fighter may turn UP TO half of this
>amount before moving and UP TO half of this anount at the midpoint of
their
>move.	All other fighter rules remain unchanged.

As has been suggested before, just allow fighters to
accelerate/decelerate by upto 12 and keep movement for them the same
(using the MT fighter movement sequence).

>Evasive Maneuver:
>I am of the school that escorts should be faster than heavies and
should have
>a fighting chance against an equal mass of heavies.  Evasive
maneuvering can
<snip>
>A ship may initiate evasive maneuvers by indicating so in its orders.
> Evasive maneuvering requires 3 thrust.  The remainder of the ships
thrust is
>available for maneuvering as normal.  While engaging in evasive
maneuvers,
>the violent motions prevent firing of weapons or point defense,
operating
>active sensors or ECM, launching fighters or missiles, or conducting
damage
>control.  When a ship is conducting evasive maneuvering, all ranges to
the
>evasive ship are effectively 150% of the measured range.  This includes
>fighter and missile attack ranges, weapons ranges, active sensor scans,
etc.

Great system! Quick and easy.
I would make it cost 4 thrust, but allow the dodging ship to fire at -1.

Brian Bell
pdga6560@compuserve.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/pdga6560/fthome.html
Includes the Full Thrust Ship Registry! Is your ship design here?

Prev: Re: FTIII/classes redefined Next: Re: Star Trek Ships