Prev: Re: More FT Ideas..... Next: New Rules Spoiler: Ion Cannon...

Re: More FT Ideas.....

From: BJCantwell@a...
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 16:50:29 -0500
Subject: Re: More FT Ideas.....

> *Revised EM:
>  If a ship plans to use EM, it must be noted as a written order("EM")
for
the
>  turn it is used.  The ship must allocate half of its available thrust
points
>  to EM.  The remainder may be used to accelerate or decelerate, but
the
>  ship's course remains the same as last turn (just slight, but violent
>  variations in attitude).  For every two thrust points allocated, a -1
hit
>  is added to attacking die rolls.  Therefore, the max allowable EM
factor
>  would be -2.  I thought this might keep such a maneuver from being
>  ridiculously effective with high thrust ships, but allow some degree
of
>  usefulness.
>

>  Mike Miserendino

Mike's idea for evasive maneuvering is probably more effective than my
own
range based method, but is more restrictive in that I allow normal
movement
with the remaining thrust.  I thought about a two step penalty to give
high
thrust ships an even greater advantage (originally +25% for each two
thrust
used in EM's) but it seemed to be getting a bit fiddly and cumbersome.
The
other thing I like about my system is that it becomes less effective as
range
closes.  Evasive maneuvers would be more effective as the time lag from
firer
to target increased.....  Just my way of looking at it.  Both systems
work
against all weapon types and are quick and easy.

Later

Brian

Prev: Re: More FT Ideas..... Next: New Rules Spoiler: Ion Cannon...