Prev: Re: More FT Ideas..... Next: Re: FT or somesuch at Salute 97?

Re: More FT Ideas.....

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 13:11:57 -0500
Subject: Re: More FT Ideas.....

Scott Field wrote:
>Chad wrote,
>> > Evasive Maneuver:
>>
>>  I was thinking of something along the lines of linking a system for
EM to
>>  the size of the ship and its speed.  Define perhaps three levels of
EM.  A
>>  ship may generate one level of EM at the cost of two thrust points
per
>>  size class.  Just exactly what one level of EM is we haven't
decided.  One
>>  thought is a screan level while the other is a fixed addition to the
range
>>  of fire to the ship (maybe 6 inches).
>
>Using 2 Thrust for evasive maneuvering acts like 1 level of screens --
I like
>the sound of that, as it sounds very quick and simple and doesn't
really
>invent any *new* rules, just new ways to use existing rules, if you
follow my
>meaning. I'd say evasive maneuvering gives no effect above LVL-3
screens --
>most ships big enough to carry 3 screens aren't exactly "artful
dodgers"
>anyway.

Here's another variation:

*Revised EM:
If a ship plans to use EM, it must be noted as a written order("EM") for
the
turn it is used.  The ship must allocate half of its available thrust
points
to EM.	The remainder may be used to accelerate or decelerate, but the
ship's course remains the same as last turn (just slight, but violent
variations in attitude).  For every two thrust points allocated, a -1 to
hit
is added to attacking die rolls.  Therefore, the max allowable EM factor
would be -2.  I thought this might keep such a maneuver from being
ridiculously effective with high thrust ships, but allow some degree of
usefulness.

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: More FT Ideas..... Next: Re: FT or somesuch at Salute 97?