Prev: FTIII, was Re: Hello from GZG Next: Re: FT or somesuch at Salute 97?

Re: More FT Ideas.....

From: "Donald A. Chipman III" <tre@i...>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 11:59:01 -0500
Subject: Re: More FT Ideas.....

At 10:37 AM 2/19/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I think this fighter discussion has gone way too far...  Keep it simple
>folks, we don't want Full Thrust to evolve into Star Fleet Battles.  I
don't
>want to have to take a Bar examination to play the game...
>   All rules additions should come from the standpoint of how to add
>dimension to the game without adding too much confusion or rules and
>complications.  Adding Hyper Space capable fighters and Needler
fighters is
>one thing, changing the simple rules for fighter movement is asking for
>trouble.
>   Phil

I was under the impression these were optional rules, Phil.  Nobody is
forcing you to use them, nor is anyone suggesting they become Law.  I
think
that we would all would agree that much of Full Thrust's appeal is that
it
is an elegant and simple system, and nobody wants to see that change.
On
the other hand, if I want to add a higher level of realisim or
enjoyability
at the cost of additional rules and complexity, that option should be
available to me.  I personally kinda like a lot of homebrew fighter
rules in
my games, but that's mostly because I come from a heavy Wing Commander
background.  I also have always thought that the 12" max speed on
Fighters
was a little limiting, and I'm all for a redesign of the fighter
dynamics.
However, I wouldn't expect (or want) any of these changes to leave the
"optional rules" category.

Take care,

Tre

Prev: FTIII, was Re: Hello from GZG Next: Re: FT or somesuch at Salute 97?