Prev: Re: Where this all started... Next: Re: The Curmudgeon Rants Again

Re: Where this all started...

From: hosford.donald@e... (hosford.donald)
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 19:51:23 -0500
Subject: Re: Where this all started...

rpaul@worf.molbiol.ox.ac.uk (Robin Paul) writes:
>> SNIP
>> >Got a question....If your in england where everything is in metric,
how come
>> >the FT game is in inches?
>> >
>> >Donald Hosford
>>
>> We only pretend to be metric- really, we walk miles to drink pints,
to grow
>> to a height of several feet and inches and a weight of numerous
stone...

>> :-)
>
>And some of the metric units, which I am _required_ to use, come in
>damned awkward sizes.	Ten square chains is a lot more sensible to work

>with than 10000 square metres.
>
>(And, for those interested in scenery modelling, a ten acre field is a
>square furlong)
>
>--
>David G. Bell -- Farmer, SF Fan, Filker, Furry, and Punslinger..

This is most interesting.  This is the greatest number of replies I have
had
yet...

I hope I didn't kick a bee hive with some of you englanders.... My
apologies...

Donald Hosford
--
Registered ICC User
check out http://www.usefulware.com

Prev: Re: Where this all started... Next: Re: The Curmudgeon Rants Again