Prev: Re: Where this all started... Next: Re: Where this all started...

Re: Where this all started...

From: hosford.donald@e... (hosford.donald)
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 19:30:47 -0500
Subject: Re: Where this all started...

At 03:34 PM 2/18/97 GMT, you wrote:
>Donald Hosford wrote:
>
>--I guess I can't look at any game without thinking how to make it
better....

>I think SFB started out as a nice simple game in a ziplock bag and
looked what
>happened to that. Keep It Simple Stupid (KISS) is a favourite axiom.
Trading
>off between complexity & playability is a fine line. IMHO FT & MT are,
at the
>moment, in the right bounds of each constraint, especially as you can
just
play
>core FT.
>
>--Got a question....If your in england where everything is in metric,
how come
>--the FT game is in inches?
>
>Don't ask, it depends how old you are - the current schools teach
metric
>measurement - oldsters may still think in ft & inches which is probably
what was
>current when Jon was at school, it was when I was - all the road signs
are
still
>in miles and milk & beer still comes in imperial pints.
>
>Sincerely
>Tim Jones

I take it then that your still struggling to convert fully to the metric
system too?

Here in the US, you don't see much changing on that front, but it is
creaping in slowly.

Donald Hosford
--
Registered ICC User
check out http://www.usefulware.com

Prev: Re: Where this all started... Next: Re: Where this all started...