Prev: More FT Ideas..... Next: Re: More FT Ideas.....

Re: Where this all started...

From: dbell@z... (David G. Bell)
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 15:13:11 -0500
Subject: Re: Where this all started...

In message <9702181527.AA14044@worf.molbiol.ox.ac.uk>
rpaul@worf.molbiol.ox.ac.uk (Robin Paul) writes:
> SNIP
> >Got a question....If your in england where everything is in metric,
how come
> >the FT game is in inches?
> >
> >Donald Hosford
>
> We only pretend to be metric- really, we walk miles to drink pints, to
grow
> to a height of several feet and inches and a weight of numerous
stone...

> :-)

And some of the metric units, which I am _required_ to use, come in
damned awkward sizes.  Ten square chains is a lot more sensible to work
with than 10000 square metres.

(And, for those interested in scenery modelling, a ten acre field is a
square furlong)

--
David G. Bell -- Farmer, SF Fan, Filker, Furry, and Punslinger..

Prev: More FT Ideas..... Next: Re: More FT Ideas.....