Prev: Re: Where this all started... Next: Re: FT3 help!

Firer Systems Down & SLAMs

From: Nils A Hedglin <Nils_A_Hedglin@c...>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 12:45:00 -0500
Subject: Firer Systems Down & SLAMs

In a pickup game at DundraCon this weekend, we had an unusual
situation occur.  A SLAM fired at target vehicle.  It took out the
target & hit one of the secondary infantry stands.  When the chits
were drawn for the infantry, a Firer Systems Down was pulled.  How do
we work this?  Since Firer Down invalidates the shot, does a Firer
Down on a secondary target invalidate the primary hit?	Or does it
just invalidate that secondary & any following hits?

Also, I know this is just a game mechanic, but it seems strange that
ECM & PDS would prevent a GMS system from going down.  Chits are only
drawn if a GMS missile gets past ECM & PDS.  If they stop the missile,
then they also eliminate the chance of the firing system from going
down.  I guess this is the same with all weapons, but for some reason,
I just noticed when trying to counter 5 GMS/Hx3 vehicles.

Thanks,
Nils

Nils_A_Hedglin@ccm.fm.intel.com
I am Pentium of Borg.  Division is futile.  You will be approximated.

Prev: Re: Where this all started... Next: Re: FT3 help!