Prev: Re: Superior Models, Inc Next: Re: Full Metal Anorak

Re: Fighter groups (designer please read)

From: Samuel Penn <sam@b...>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 13:36:30 -0500
Subject: Re: Fighter groups (designer please read)

In message <9702161529.aa10013@buffnet1.buffnet.net> Hal wrote:

> I don't have a problem with 21 minute turns.	Reason: if one assumes
that
> the turns are 21 minutes, then the laser fire rules indicate that
there are
> more than one shots being fired per "beam weapon" mount.

I actually assume laser fire is continuous, and accurate enough
to keep the beam trained on a target over the entire course of
the turn. Ships don't die because they've had a hole drilled
through them, but because they can't dump the heat fast enough
and their outer hull has just melted...

Railguns are rapid fire weapons, firing thousands of rounds
(or more), few of which hit, and the damage rolled is the
combined damage from all those that hit over the course of the
turn.

It doesn't matter too much either way for ship to ship combat.

--
Be seeing you,					     ARM not Intel.
Sam.					       Acorn not Microsoft.

Prev: Re: Superior Models, Inc Next: Re: Full Metal Anorak