Prev: Re: Fighter groups (designer please read) Next: Pan-African Power Armor

Re: Merchant Hulls and Amphibious Vessesls

From: Oerjan Ohlson <f92-ooh@n...>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 07:56:18 -0500
Subject: Re: Merchant Hulls and Amphibious Vessesls

Getting the numbers straight...

On Thu, 13 Feb 1997 AEsir@aol.com wrote:

> Look at the formula in MT again.

That's exactly what I did...

> A Warship has a number of Cargo spaces for
> Marines equal to its MASS X 4.  Each Marine takes up 4 cargo spaces...
>  Unless they are frozen.  If you combine the rules for Warships,
Merchants
> etc. you get that the ship may carry a number of Marines equal to the
Mass
> devoted to troops multiplied by 4.

Yes.

  If you work it all out then a warship
> with 10% devoted to troops can carry a number of troops equal to its
Mass X
> 5/4.

OK, I didn't realize you meant those 10% and Mass X 5/4 in addition to
the
marines. I assumed that the marines would participate in the landing
operation, and that they were the 'shore party'.

>  An Amphibious ship with 50% of its mass devoted to troops, (10% for
> weapons) may carry its Mass X 5 troops.

50% of Mass devoted to troops = Mass X 25 CS = Mass X 25/4 ~ Mass X 6
troops.

40% of Mass devoted to troops = Mass X 20 CS = Mass X 5 troops. If you
devote 10% of the Mass to weapons, those 10% are _not_ devoted to troops

- or at least I wouldn't want to bunk in an energy gun...

Oerjan Ohlson

"Life is like a sewer.
 -Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Fighter groups (designer please read) Next: Pan-African Power Armor