Prev: Re: new B5 Rules (careful of spoilers!!!) Next: Re: [SG2] 15mm Figs, Anyone? A company wants to supply...

Re: Full Thrust Demo Derby!

From: How much of this cave is underground? <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 08:30:36 -0500
Subject: Re: Full Thrust Demo Derby!

>	Well tonight was the big night.  The monster killer fleet was
ready to
[...]
>	1.  My ships were in close formation.
>	2.  I was caught in a corner of the board.

Well, that kinda sucks a bit, but...

>	3.  I disobeyed the sacred rule of all space combat games.
       SPEED IS
>LIFE!!!  I trudged along anywhere between 8 to 3.

Is this necessarily true in FT? I mean, yeah, you don't want to be going
too slow, but there is such a thing as too fast, I think, esp for the
Cap ships (then again, guess it depends on your playing field, and how
much room you have to work with; my typical speeds run from 6-20)

>	BTW, it turns out that I CAN use fighters and missiles.  The
reason why
>they don't use them is that they claim that they can be easily whipped
>out

(psst, it's "wiped out" ;-)

>by a Nova or Wave cannons.  I tried to explain the idea of flanking
>manevers and detaching the carrieer from the rest of the fleet, but I
>don't think they understand.  My fleet will definetly feature fighter
>carrying ships next time.  However, they move fighters and missiles
>first, then ships.

Don't see a big problem with that. You can now use fighters as
artificial
terrain. Have some of your ships with wave/nova guns, the others
carriers.
Use the fighters to make the enemy ships move in front of your
wave/novagun
ships. If they don't, they're fighter-fodder.  :-)

Mk
-
  /@		       .  .	      If you insist on reaching for a
  <|\			  .  )	      star, be prepared to take a long,
   |		     /\ 	      hard fall.
   |		    //
   /		 o //*		      Indy - climber, astronomer,
adventurer
  /		<%- /|\ 	      supreme. Have rope, will travel.

Prev: Re: new B5 Rules (careful of spoilers!!!) Next: Re: [SG2] 15mm Figs, Anyone? A company wants to supply...