Prev: What's NEW on THE PAGE!!! Next: Re: new B5 Rules

Re: Full Throttle Mech Game (long)

From: rpruden@a... (Rob Pruden)
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 00:28:59 -0500
Subject: Re: Full Throttle Mech Game (long)

At 10:48 PM 2/10/97 -0600, FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk wrote:
>				 Full Throttle
>
> Here are the rules conversions for Full Thrust into a mech based game
that
> we're calling Full Throttle.	<snip>

Looks like a good idea but needs more explanation and examples.  How
does
infantry fit in and how are they represented?  Also, why didn't you just
use
the FT combat system as is?  Not having to do so many additional die
rolls
for damage, etc. is one of the best things about the game.  Don't get me
wrong, I think that you're generally on the right track here and will
look
forward to further developments.  I've never gotten into the FMA system
like
I have with FT and so would like to see a more FT-inspired system to
handle
ground combat.	Star Wars and Heavy Gear are two genres that I would
convert
to such a system if done well.

Rob

Prev: What's NEW on THE PAGE!!! Next: Re: new B5 Rules