Prev: Re: [SG2] 15mm Figs, Anyone? A company wants to supply... Next: Re: Nanotechnology

Re: Galactik Tactik

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 12:35:59 -0500
Subject: Re: Galactik Tactik

Dean Gundberg wrote:
> A couple of years ago I saw rules and a few miniatures for 'Galactik
> Tactik', a starship combat game from Pewter Craft.  I did not buy them

> and needless to say I haven't seen them since.  When I look at the
> distributor's catalog at the local hobby shops, they still have the
> miniatures listed, multiple ships from many races including pirates,
but
> unfortunately the rules are no longer listed as available.
>
> Does anyone have or has anyone seen any of the their miniatures and/or

> their rules?	How are they?  Any comments?  Does anyone know why their

> combat rules are no longer listed as available by distributors?

I own about all of these miniatures and for the most part, I am very
happy
with them.  I just wish all the ships had complete bottom side detail.
The
majority of the large ships do not have bottom side details.  I think
this
was due to the the fact that the rules show all ships played without
stands.
So they basically rest on their bellies.  Oh, I do have the rules, but
was
not impressed, other than for giving stats to convert to FT! :)

AFAIK these minis are only available directly from Pewtercraft.  I think
the
company in one guy who makes them in his basement when not working at
his
full-time job.	The last time I bought some of these minis, the local
store
had to buy them direct from Pewtercraft since all the previous
distributers
no longer carried them.  I'm not sure if this was done by Pewtercraft.
Anyways, I am happy with the ships, while they were a bit pricey.

> Thanks,
>

> dgundberg@bcbsnd.com
>
> "Forget the dark side, join the green side"
> A promo for 'Leprechaun 4: In Space'
> Coming soon to video stores near you.

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: [SG2] 15mm Figs, Anyone? A company wants to supply... Next: Re: Nanotechnology