Prev: Re: Nanotechnology Next: [ADMIN] Various things..

Full Thrust Demo Derby!

From: "Mark A. Siefert" <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 01:06:06 -0500
Subject: Full Thrust Demo Derby!

Hello:
	Well tonight was the big night.  The monster killer fleet was
ready to
go.  However it was partically whipped out by the third turn by two
other fleets carrying wave guns.  My fleet must have been hit with at
least 5 wave gun bursts in the second turn.  It wasn't pretty.	Looking
back, I think my defeat was due to three factors:
	1.  My ships were in close formation.
	2.  I was caught in a corner of the board.
	3.  I disobeyed the sacred rule of all space combat games.
       SPEED IS
LIFE!!!  I trudged along anywhere between 8 to 3.

	All in all it was still fun.  I was able to bring down quite a
few
ships before I eventually bought it.  Wave guns can be fun (if you are
the one using them.)  I'll do some tweaking to my fleet and see if I can
improve it.
	BTW, it turns out that I CAN use fighters and missiles.  The
reason why
they don't use them is that they claim that they can be easily whipped
out by a Nova or Wave cannons.	I tried to explain the idea of flanking
manevers and detaching the carrieer from the rest of the fleet, but I
don't think they understand.  My fleet will definetly feature fighter
carrying ships next time.  However, they move fighters and missiles
first, then ships.

Later,
Mark S.

Prev: Re: Nanotechnology Next: [ADMIN] Various things..