Prev: Re: FT3 help! Next: Mines.

Re: Nanotechnology

From: Alex Williams <thantos@d...>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 09:06:32 -0500
Subject: Re: Nanotechnology

> Then again, the war between the Culture and the Idirans in Iain M.
Banks'
> great "Consider Phlebas" is due to a clash of ideas rather than a
scramble
> for resources, and this also has major effects on the _way_ the war is
fought.

True, but the Culture in Banks' novels is an interesting study in
nanotech and biotech; you'll notice that they don't go to war
internally at all (far more nefarious plans at grande scale make for
better lit anyway) and in the occasions that they /do/ have to
physically go to war or simply threaten to, we don't hear of massed
ranks of tanks, infantry and whatnot.

Warfare in the Culture would be a drag to wargame.  DSII is certainly
not suited to the task.  :)

Prev: Re: FT3 help! Next: Mines.