Prev: Re: Questions: Submuntions and Scatterguns Next: Re: Map Making Software Distribution Win32

Ogre Treasures

From: Nothing's the same anymore <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 18:49:04 -0500
Subject: Ogre Treasures

Well, fair warning to all non-Ogre groupies: this is off-topic of FT,
but kinda on-topic for DSII, in light of the recent run of Ogre
posts....

So, like this afternoon after work I took a small trip over to the
Armory,
a local game shop and games warehouse (they supply retailers all over).
Intentions were to pick up a few more tanks to start rounding out my
slowly
growing Dirtside II force. On a whim I decide to wander about the ware-
house...poking my head here and there to see what different types of
minis
they carry...and lo and behold...I found - OGRE MINIS!!!

Not a wide variety, no. But they were there! A handful of Combine light
tanks, a few Combine howitzers, a whole LOTTA Paneuropean missile
crawlers, and....a dozen Paneuropean Ogre "Fencers"! All put out by
Ral Partha (I had no clue RP did Ogre minis; the few that I have, hvy
tanks and hwtzs, were the old, old Martian Metals ones). And have quite
nice detail (haven't opened the Ogres, but the Lgt Tanks are now sitting
mightily atop of this terminal :)

Now, I did *not* have enough with me to buy them out. However, I am the
proud owner of 6 light tanks (3 to a pack) and 2 'Fencers'. :-)  Which
means...there are still some 'Fencers' left! So if you act fast, and
before I get paid next week...	;-)  (yeah, I coulda sandbagged y'all,
not said anything, and collected the entire group, then sold 'em at
a slightly higher price than what I would have paid for them ($5.25 US),
but I'm just not that way...)

Now, I *did* pick up two Ogres, so if anyone out there happens to have
any extra Ogre Mk V's or III's they'd be willing to trade for a
'Fencer',
we can talk.  :-}

I am going back next week to see if any of the howitzers remain. And
maybe
pick up a missile crawler or two. Don't buy 'em all out, okay??

Mk
-
Only the bravest try where eagles and angels dare to fly
<*>

Prev: Re: Questions: Submuntions and Scatterguns Next: Re: Map Making Software Distribution Win32