Prev: Re: Mines Next: Nanotechnology

Re: Short list

From: John Lerchey <lerchey+@C...>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 17:09:39 -0500
Subject: Re: Short list

Excerpts from internet.listserv.ftgzg-l: 4-Feb-97 Re: Short list Robert
A. Crawford@iac.n (1399*)

> Michael Brown:
> > 3.	Re: Starguard.	If anyone wants it I know of a mail order house
> that deals
> > almost exclusive in McEwan/Starguard.  Let me know if you want it
posted.

>	The force came with eight armed only with their regulation
> "laser pistols" -- they look more like little flame-throwers to me --
> and two members of a heavy weapons team. All of the figures had jump
> packs, and some had over-the-shoulder launch racks on their backs. The
> eight "normals" came in four different poses, and didn't suffer from
> the apparently dislocated shoulder some figures do. The heavy weapons
> team has one fellow aiming a mucking great tube and the other standing
> by, carrying a rack of reloads.

I think that you miscalled the weapons a bit.  The "laser pistol" in
McEwans MI suits is built into the left gauntlet and is not shown on the
model.	The "nozzle like" gun they normally carry is a plasma gun.  The
heavy weapons team should be a Portable Missile Launcher and a loader to
carry extra rounds.  The over the shoulder launchers are "Y Rack
launchers", right out of Starship Troopers (Heinlein).

Hope this helps to clear things up a little...

John K. Lerchey
Computing Services
Carnegie Mellon University

lerchey+@cmu.edu

    _/_/_/  _/_/  _/_/	_/    _/   Any similarity between my
   _/	   _/  _/  _/  _/    _/    opinions and those of anyone
  _/	  _/  _/  _/  _/    _/	   with power, authority or a decent
 _/_/_/  _/  _/  _/  _/_/_/_/	   spell checker is purely coincidental.

http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/lerchey

Prev: Re: Mines Next: Nanotechnology