Prev: Re: [SG2] 15mm Figs, Anyone? A company wants to supply... Next: Re: Starguard figs / Ogres for DII

Re: Ogre Figures

From: rpaul@w... (Robin Paul)
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 07:31:26 -0500
Subject: Re: Ogre Figures

I have a single metal Mark V Ogre from donkey's years ago.  If you look
at
the size of the hulland the slopes of the armour, you'll see that they
are
VERY similar to those of a 1/76 scale T-34 tank.  I'd suggest getting
the
cheapest such tank kit available, and doing a conversion.  Personally, I
wouldn't bother with the hull articulation, I never liked that feature
anyway;  if you do like it, notch the upper hull sides with a hacksaw
and
fill in with plastic card.  I'd suggest
1) assemble the basic hull
2) cut off the front corners of the hull and plate over the resulting
holes
with plastic card.
3) cut a profile of the Ogre superstructure and "mast" from plastic
card,
and fit it to the hull
4) use plastic card and balsa to build up the superstructure
5) fabricate the tread modules from plastic card or balsa
6) add weapons and details as you see fit

Cheers,
Rob Paul

Rob Paul
NERC Institute of Virology
Mansfield Road, Oxford OX1 3SR	  Tel. (01865) 512361
rpaul@worf.molbiol.ox.ac.uk
  "Once again, villainy is rotting meat before the maggots of justice!"

Prev: Re: [SG2] 15mm Figs, Anyone? A company wants to supply... Next: Re: Starguard figs / Ogres for DII