Prev: [SG2] 15mm Figs, Anyone? A company wants to supply... Next: Re: The Ft FAQ!/Odd Thrust

Re: The Ft FAQ!/Odd Thrust

From: Thomas.Granvold@E... (Tom Granvold)
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 16:06:14 -0500
Subject: Re: The Ft FAQ!/Odd Thrust

> >@:) >	 Has this really been a subjuect for debate?  We've
> >@:) > always simply split the move in half, like the 2.5 & 2.5 split
> >@:) > you mention above.  No offense, I'm just curious, but why would
> >@:) > you do it any other way?  Why complicate things?
> >@:)
> >@:) Because the rules do cover this (ie, odd thrust point goes to the
> >@:) second 'half' of the move, both for turning and acceleration)?
I'm
> >@:) almost certain that's in the FT basic rules...
> >
> >  I was going to make exactly the same point a few days ago and I
> >pulled out my FT book just so I could toss in a page number and - LO!
> >- the rule was not there!  Maybe I just missed it.  They do seem to
> >always round numbers down, so that may be where everyone got the
idea.

    Okay, I've got the rules right here.  While I prefer making both
half's the same ( eg. 2.5 & 2.5 ) the rules do say to keep everthing
in whole numbers which the second half move being one more than the
first half move.

    It is on page 6 of Full Thrust in the second paragraph under "Making
Course Changes".

    "If the total Course change is an ODD number, then round DOWN the
     initial part of the change and round UP the mid-move part."

Enjoy,
Tom Granvold				<thomas.granvold@eng.sun.com>

Prev: [SG2] 15mm Figs, Anyone? A company wants to supply... Next: Re: The Ft FAQ!/Odd Thrust