Prev: Re: Dust Clouds Next: Re: Thrust Marines

RE: Starguard figs / Ogres for DII

From: Scott R Pyle <srpyle@c...>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 14:51:46 -0500
Subject: RE: Starguard figs / Ogres for DII

> (read normal-looking) miniatures, I'm definately a Ral Partha /
> Grenadier miniatures guy, not a Games Workshop guy, but you have to
draw
> the line on really poor, tiny miniatures, but from what I've heard
I'll
> try 'em, well, at least a few.

	Preach it, brother! I too, am a Ral Partha man--that's why I
like
the Stargrunt mins so much; they are straight 25mm minis that have that
hard SF feel to them. Starguard aliens might be the best bet for someone
who isn't into the smaller space marines, but wants a nice assortment of
aliens to throw at his Stargrunt or RP minis. I highly recommend the
Dreenoi starter set--you get 10 "bugs" for 10 bucks. Not bad.

	Your point about supporting the small-timer is a good one as
well.
Folks like John McKewan (and tha people at GZG for that matter) are
doing
nice work, while holding the line with reasonable prices. They should be
rewarded with our patronage.

>>>Thanks.

Scott R. Pyle
Assistant Cataloging Librarian
Youngstown State University
srpyle@cc.ysu.edu

Prev: Re: Dust Clouds Next: Re: Thrust Marines