Prev: Re: Thrust Marines Next: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT (Was:Re: testing, testing, 1,2)

Re: Aliens Figures

From: mcord@C...
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 02:59:07 -0500
Subject: Re: Aliens Figures

On Wed, 5 Feb 1997, Gary Ballard wrote:

> John Crimmins wrote:
> >
> > Hey!
> >	    Thanks to a post on r.g.m.m., I found the following page:
> > http://smash.mgz.com/toys/features/dropship.html
> >
> > which shows pictures of the APC and the Dropship from Aliens,
produced by
> > Micro Machines, which are "Scaled to the same 25mm gauge as the
Aliens
> > figure assortments..."  Has anybody seen these figures?  I've never
even
> > heard of them! The only Micro Machine figures I've seen have been
the Star
> > Wars assortments, which are somewhat less than 15mmin scale.  They
do make
> > larger figures, for Star Wars, at least, but them seem to be about
20mm or
> > so.  Anybody know what the story is?  I would not mind some more
Colonial
> > Marines for me to use in Stargrunt....
> >
> > John Crimmins
> > johncrim@voicenet.com
> I've seen these figures once or twice. I bought the one with the
Sulaco
> and the Dropship(actually bought 2), but haven't really used them much
> yet. There is another pack with both the ship from the first
movie(can't
> remember the name) and the shuttle from the first movie(I think) and
> both sets come with some useless little figures of the aliens from
that
> movie and Ripley. I think there was also one based on the third(quite
> awful) movie, but don't remember what was in it. The dropships are
huge
> for DSII, but probably workable. The space ships are usuable as FT
> ships, maybe in the medium to light capital ship range, if put beside
> the GZG FT mini's.
>
> I haven't seen them very much, so I would assume they are quite rare,
> even more so than the last two Bab5 packages.
>
> Gary A. Ballard
> gdaddy@misnet.com

Gary refers to the all ready released aliens micromachine with small (
1/300 and smaller) vehicles and ships and 20mm ( more like HO) scale
people. Not yet released is the micromachine Aliens action packs, which
if the same as the star wars action packs will be 1/72 scale dropship
and
APC and about 27mm figs, also to be released is Starship Troopers Action

Packs!

Bob McCord

Prev: Re: Thrust Marines Next: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT (Was:Re: testing, testing, 1,2)