Prev: Re: Thrust Marines Next: Re: Ogre Minis

Re: Star Wars micromachines

From: John Kovalic <muskrat@m...>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 21:55:35 -0500
Subject: Re: Star Wars micromachines

>Exactly what scale are the Star Wars people? They look about 15-20 mm.
Do
>they look too out of place when used with other figures (i.e.,Stargrunt
>figures),or do they blend in pretty well? Are the regular West End
Games
>Star Wars miniature battles rules used,or has anyone had success with
other
>rules? They seem like a good source of cheap,painted minis,good for us
>budget people. :)

They are closest to 20 mm - remember the old Airfix/ESCI 1/72nd-or-so
plastic figures? A bit too large for true 15mm, too small for 25 mm. I
haven't checked them against the new Heavy Gear infantry, which appeared
be about 20 mm.

I use the regular West End rules, not even modifying the scale. But they
could be used with any rules.

At this price ($4-$5 per squad), they're cheap enough to be used on
their
own. I must have between 15-20 squads now, enough for really big games.
And
there are plenty of troop types to choose from.

I give them a grey wash to bring out a little detail.

John Kovalic

       "This must be Thursday. I never COULD get the hang of Thursdays"
					      - Arthur Dent
				       "Wild Life": a Web comic -
	at MUSKRAT CENTRAL: http://www.msn.fullfeed.com/muskrat/

Prev: Re: Thrust Marines Next: Re: Ogre Minis