Prev: Re: Thrust Marines Next: Re: Ogre Minis

Re: Star Wars Miniatures Heresy!

From: AEsir@a...
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 21:42:43 -0500
Subject: Re: Star Wars Miniatures Heresy!

Heretic!
  How dare you convert Star Wars Miniatures into 40K!  You ahve defiled
the
best system out there.	I'm shocked!
  Actually you should really take a close look at the conversion scales
in
the two games.	in 40K a laser rifle has less of an effective range than
an
M-16...  Then there is all the cheese...
  I strongly suggest that you go back and re-examine the Star Wars
Miniatures
game.  It moves very quickly, has realistic ranges and has a better way
of
integrating characters/heroes into the system.
  If you watch a 40K game, you will notice that most scenarios are set
up
width wise across the table, in a very WWI style fashion.  Meanwhile, in
Star
Wars Miniatures you will have to set up the game Length wise.  The
weapons
ranges are more realistic, as in longer, and therefore line of sight and
troops placement becomes critical to the game.	Its not if you can build
the
nastiest list in the world, its how you use what you have...
  I strongly recommend that you take a closer look.  By the way, most
people,
including soldiers can't hit what they are shooting at.  But if you use
Vetran Troops you will see a big change in your battles...  Very
realistic in
this manner...
   Phil P.

Prev: Re: Thrust Marines Next: Re: Ogre Minis