Prev: Re: Amphibious Ships Next: RE: Trek conversions

RE: Starguard figs / Ogres for DII

From: "George,Eugene M" <Eugene.M.George@k...>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 11:22:13 -0500
Subject: RE: Starguard figs / Ogres for DII

>>	  1/72nd is actually 20mm, but the Stargueard figures would be
BIG
>20mm figures.	They are of roughly the same size as the GZG Stargrunt
>figures.

	Yeah, 25mm is like 1/69 or so... but their 'page ad touts 'em as
close
to 25mm.

>>I have to be honest, though; the quality has not impressed me at
>all.  Very skinny figures, crude detail, awkward poses.  But the prices
are
>nice, I'll give 'em that much.

	I was afraid of that, too bad. A buck or so a fig IS pretty
good. The
pics of the 1/300 scale tank on the miniatures page (
http://www.eden.com/~tmp/ ) looks pretty hip, as do the 1/72 tanks from
Reviresco's page ( http://www.halcyon.com/shamrock/ ). I'm really
enamored of the gauss artillery piece ( I have some metal magic
Cybertech gunners with Arty shells in their hands that simply must be
equipped with these beauties).

> > On the other hand, some of the figures ARE
>pretty nice.  I'm working on some of his "Nautaloid" figures right now.
>Basically, big cephelapods with snail shells on their backs and big
weapons.
>See, I remembered that real octopi and the like can change their skin
color
>to camoflage themselves, and that inspired me to work on them, so...but
>digress.

	That reminds me of the old Heritage(?!?) Octopoids From Galacta
25....

>Honestly, the Nautaloids, along with some little wheeled robots
>that look like mechanical piranhas, are the only Starguard figures that
>have really been impressed by.  That's just my opinion, though, so take
it
>for whatever it's worth....

	Well, maybe if I can get a grab-bag of stuff or buy a few
singles. Has
anyone seen/played the rules. A well considered opinion is worth a
lot.....

Gene

Prev: Re: Amphibious Ships Next: RE: Trek conversions