Prev: Re: PBEM excel sheet wanted Next: Re: The Full Thrust FAQ list

Re: Short list

From: crawford@i... (Robert A. Crawford)
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 08:40:11 -0500
Subject: Re: Short list

Michael Brown:
> 3.  Re: Starguard.  If anyone wants it I know of a mail order house
that deals
> almost exclusive in McEwan/Starguard.  Let me know if you want it
posted.

	I just received my order of Starguard figures last night. I
ordered a power armor "force" and five ships -- "Federation Scouts".

	The power armor troops are nice, but undersized compared to
most modern lines, including Stargrunt. I put big globs of epoxy putty
underneath them to boost their height, but they still look undersized.
They're not very detailed, but I _like_ the '50s space-suit look.

	The force came with eight armed only with their regulation
"laser pistols" -- they look more like little flame-throwers to me --
and two members of a heavy weapons team. All of the figures had jump
packs, and some had over-the-shoulder launch racks on their backs. The
eight "normals" came in four different poses, and didn't suffer from
the apparently dislocated shoulder some figures do. The heavy weapons
team has one fellow aiming a mucking great tube and the other standing
by, carrying a rack of reloads.

	My feelings on these are mixed. I like them, but they look
like the Imperial Marines Midget Corps.

	The "Federation Scouts" are little ships, bigger than a CMD
scout, but not by much. They're smooth (damn it!), and look rather
like '50s ideas of hypersonic jets. Not too bad. They were $2.00 for
the five...

Prev: Re: PBEM excel sheet wanted Next: Re: The Full Thrust FAQ list