Prev: RE: Copyright Schtuff... Next: RE: B5-Somewhat off topic

RE: Starbase models

From: "W. Nitsche" <bnitsche@u...>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 00:07:16 -0500
Subject: RE: Starbase models

On Tue, 4 Feb 1997, Rutherford, Michael wrote:

> As a followup on yesterdays question... I was in the local SF&F
bookshop
> yesterday afternoon and I saw the perfect starbase, DS9 and about 7"
> diameter. Unfortunately its in pewter or silver or something and costs
$599
> :-( As I said to the guy in the store I can't really justify spending
that
> much just for a model.

I had the same problem with the Galaxy-class Enterprise D.  I've seen a
model that's to scale with the other ranges of Star Trek mini.	Cost:
$80
in fine pewter.  I thought about it, but I just couldn't justify priming
and painting it.  Now, if it had been $50...

A temporally displaced		Bill Nitsche (bnitsche@u.washington.edu)
	hobbit			Oceanography, University of Washington

Prev: RE: Copyright Schtuff... Next: RE: B5-Somewhat off topic